Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Networking or Socializing on the Clock?


Microsoft launched a Outlook/Facebook integration that brings status updates right to your inbox. I am (obviously) all for using social networking for business, but is this business or socializing on the clock? 


I think this new development has to be handled with the maturity and discipline that comes with having a job. Obviously each day employees are faced with the choices that we may not have had 5,10 years ago. Do I want to do a report or email my friends? Go to that meeting or mindlessly waste an hour organizing my paper clips? This new integration should allow your team to keep up with contacts in real time with out having to go to an additional site.  Will you take advantage of this new feature?


Check out the scoop on the integration and a screenshot here: http://tinyurl.com/32q4rjh


Happy Tuesday, 
Kristin



No comments:

Post a Comment